BASH question

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 15 12:00:41 UTC 2007

Paul King wrote:
> Why BASH? If you want scripting, this looks like a prime candidate for a PERL
> project.
>
> If you insist on BASH, then you will need to teach yourself SED and AWK, which
> are two good stream-level parsers.

It's for a client, and I already have a perl and ruby version of the
same script. He wants the three versions for comparison (he likes bash
scripts, knows perl and is interested in ruby). So I just need to figure
out how to make it work.

I figured I would need to learn sed and awk, but I can't begin that
until I can feed each row of the DB query into an array... Hence my
question here. :)

Madi