can't print fr fedora to ubuntu

Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 11 16:07:19 UTC 2007

Ubuntu saw my printer and configured itself to use it (impressive).
However, I'm not having any luck printing to it from a networked fedora
7 machine. I've done a lot of troubleshooting network printing and each
time I try to take some wisdom with me. The thing I did last time to get
netwrok printing working was to get the URI correct. I found that the
URI format that works is http://IPaddress:631/printers/printername

I put that to the test several times and each time it worked.
Unfortunately, it ain't wotking this time.

URI:http://192.168.0.2:631/printers/PSC_1600_series is not working.

I tried /sbin/service cups restart on the networked amchine and that did
not help.

I tried variations like,

URI:http://192.168.0.2:631/Printers/PSC_1600_series
URI:http://192.168.0.2:631/printers/PSC_1600_Series
URI:http://192.168.0.2:631/printers/usb/PSC_1600_series

and these didn't work  either. I can successfully ping each machine from
one another.

Any ideas?

Chris