gtkpod on ubuntu

chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 10 23:44:53 UTC 2007

JoeHill writes:

> chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org wrote:
>
>> I don't know whether I'm supposed to go through the whole svn installation
>> of libgpod (and the other stuff that I did that I can't retrace until I
>> re-install Thunderbird on and load the saved mail file from backup) or if
>> the process will be different on ubuntu.
>
> Told ya it wouldn't be long, just saw this on #gtkpod :-)
>
> Add this to your /etc/apt/sources.list:
>
> deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ipod-touch/ubuntu gutsy main
>
> then:
>
> sudo apt-get update
>
> then install libgpod3 and gtkpod, you should be golden.

Okay, I did all of that. The songs that are on the iPod are showing up in
gtkpod, but trying to save an .ogg to the iPod I get:

Conversion of Track2 failed: '/usr/share/gtkpod/scripts/convert-ogg2mp3.sh'
returned exit status 4.

Am I still missing some library or whatnot? I'm suing ubuntu 7.10.

Chris

Looks like there are