Fun(?) with Google Maps and GTALUG

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 10 22:40:45 UTC 2007

On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 11:19:24AM -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote
> On Sun, Dec 09, 2007 at 10:26:37PM -0500, Walter Dnes wrote:
> >   Is there any way to plot points using latitude/longitude coordinates,
> > rather than drag+drop a point?
>
> Try asking google for:
> xxx xx xxN, xxx xx xxW
>
> That should give you a point where you want it.

  Let me re-phrase the question.  I know about asking maps.google.com to
display one point, using lat/long.  In the context of this thread, my
question is... can I upload a file with a series of lat/long points, and
associated values, and have it plotted?

  Barring that, is there a *SIMPLE* linux mapping app (no, not GRASS)
that allows me to plot a bunch of points by lat/long, with associated
values?

I'm not repeating myself
I'm an X Window user...  I'm an ex-Windows-user