Read any good (technology) books lately?

asdf fia_wrc_fanatic-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 10 17:24:18 UTC 2007

--- Colin McGregor <colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> So, I am looking suggestions as to great recent
> technology books with a price tag of $100 (U.S.) or
> less...

Here's a few from my wishlist:

(1) The C++ Programming Language: Special Edition (3rd Edition) (Hardcover)
    US $56.59 on Amazon.com

(2) Java Concurrency in Practice
    US $34.64 on Amazon.com

(3) Thinking in Java (4th Edition) (Paperback) *
    US $40.94 on Amazon.com

(4) Secure Programming Cookbook for C and C++ *
    US $42.60 on Amazon.com

(5) Network Security with OpenSSL
    US $26.37 on Amazon.com

(6) Real World Linux Security (2nd Edition)
    US $43.79 on Amazon.com

This is the best I could come up with given my programmer/programming bent. No
matter how hard I tried I couldn't find any tech. books close to the $100 limit! :)

* These books I already have and strongly recommend them if the subject matter /
topic interests you.

Salman Ahmed