Fun(?) with Google Maps and GTALUG

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Sun Dec 9 15:36:54 UTC 2007

Sergey wrote:
>> Given some of the questions here regarding "where are the decent
>> computer stores in the GTA", I've collected some of the listings and put
>> them into a Google Map called "Toronto Area Computer Stores".
>>
>> http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=106433710083025347918.000440ca2d97d0e92ea8d
>>
> How about College St.?
> http://www.gosee.ca/computerstores/
My intention was not to create a full directory so much as a set of
recommendations. Eventually I'd love if the icons could be a "thumbs up"
or "thumbs down"  based on people's recommendations, as well as a
pointer to the GTALUG wiki where people could post their reviews. Or
maybe there's a better way... this is what I'm asking here.

One of the primary functions of a user group is self-help and
recommendations. I would hope that rather than showing all choices, a
more-useful map would call attention to stores with which TLUGers have
had good experiences.

- Evan