OT: Lowcost webhosting in Canada?

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 8 18:08:20 UTC 2007

  I'm pissed off enough at certain corporate practices that I want to
set up a website/forum to expose them.  A few pragmatic considerations...

  - I want hosting in Canada.  IANAL, but I at least have a vague
    awareness of the Canadian legal environment.  I'm a lot less aware
    of the US legal system.  What I do know of it makes me want to keep
    my webhosting out of US jurisdiction, the land of the SLAPP suit.

  - A linux-based host would be nice.  This isn't zealotry, but rather
    that linux is what I know.  If I want to do any customization, I
    don't have to learn something entirely new.

  - Did I mention low-cost?  If my site succeeds, it'll end up pissing
    off corporations, so I don't really expect much in the way of
    banner-ad revenue.

  - Are there any webhosting support forums out there that aren't 100%
    focussed on money, Google rank, money, link-exchanging, money,
    ad-revenue, and money?  I'm thinking about stuff like the actual
    administration of a web forum, and customizing it, etc.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
Q. Mr. Ghandi, what do you think of Microsoft security?