Can't Use Linux on TSN

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 3 20:54:14 UTC 2007

--- Stephen <stephen-d-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> John Myshrall wrote:
> > Well I thought I would check out TSN's broadband
> connection on their
> > site and was greeted with this message. Really
> disappointing.
> >
> > Sorry, your OS is not supported!
> > We recommend Windows 2000, Windows XP, or Mac OS
> X.
> >
> > I sent a message asking why they were blocking
> Linux users.
> > John
> DRM issues, perhaps?

Hanlon's razor :

“Never attribute to malice that which can be
adequately explained by stupidity.”

Lazy web page developers is the most likely
explanation. "Easy" enough answer with
Iceweasel/Firefox is to type:

  about:config

This will get you a list of Iceweasel/Firefox internal
settings. You want to add a new setting:

  general.useragent.override

Type is "string" and the value, well, there are
obviously several that should past muster for that
website... :-) .

Colin McGregor