Backup Solutions

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 31 04:09:35 UTC 2007

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007, Alex Maynard wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Aug 2007, Jamon Camisso wrote:
>> No reason you can't rsync a daily/weekly tarball that has all said files.
>
> Thank you. That sounds like a good suggestion.

I strongly recommend periodic full backups (not justlast weeks changes).
You want to know your files are really there when a disaster strikes.
Having full backups makes a disaster recovery much simpler.

I normally do level 0 backups monthly (aka full backups), level 2
each Monday rising to level 8 on the following Sunday.

Cheers,

Rob

--
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine..."
 	-- RFC 1925 "The Twelve Networking Truths"