Backup Solutions

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 30 19:44:18 UTC 2007

On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 03:40:00PM -0400, Alex Maynard wrote:
> Thank you. This is the part I worry about. If I corrupt a file on one
> computer, it will soon be corrupted on all.  I guess I should keep some
> older backups that only change once a week/month as well?

Well rsnapshot uses rsync but keeps revisions from each transfer.  I use
it to keep revisions every couple of hours on a couple of servers.  It
can also of course transfer remotely by rsync and hence uses the
standard regular amount of transfers of rsync, but with the advantage of
keeping historical copies (and by using hardlinks to store the
revisions, only files with changes require additional space to store).

--
Len Sorensen