Backup Solutions

Alexander Short Alexander.Short-V7Ve2fXh0sTQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 30 13:12:17 UTC 2007

I fell into the similar situation where in a single-machine environment,
the computer was stolen, and with it went the most recent backup tape
but more importantly the drive.  At the time the replacement drive on a
weekend was _impossible_ to purchase, fortunately I called about 40
ISPs/Computer stores before I found someone that had one in the back
room and for $50 bucks would dump the data to a drive.

>From there on in, I switched to a DVD burner for backup.  The negative
is size restrictions, but if you can manage, at least you'll have
something that should be fairly readable in 5 years time.