E-MU 1212 M PCI card

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 24 21:38:36 UTC 2007

Chris Aitken wrote:
> Jamon Camisso wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> Fedora 7 (not Fedora Core, just Fedora now) is very stable, I've had
>> it running for a few months now (almost 3 since it was released) and
>> haven't run into any problems. It's no Debian :) but it certainly does
>> the job, and well.
>>
>> You'll want to do a clean install though,
>
> Oh, man, I have so many applications that were tough to install:
> rosegarden, hppsc 1610 driver, and a few more...
>
>> upgrades between Fedora releases are notoriously variable in ease,
>> most are riddled with hidden pitfalls -- your data might even get
>> eaten by a grue if you aren't careful.
>
> I'vwe had pretty good luck with upgrades between releases. Is the one to
> 7 /particularly/ bad?

Take a look at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/YumUpgradeFaq, specifically
the FC6 -> F7 part. Of course, any version earlier than FC6 will also
suffer the same problem.

 From that page: "Fedora 7 replaces the old IDE subsystem with libata.
Drive device names which previously started /dev/hd.. will become
/dev/sd.. after the upgrade. /dev/hda1 will usually become /dev/sda1
although there may not be a direct relationship between the old and new
device names, hdd will not necessarily become sdd for example."

Jamon