E-MU 1212 M PCI card

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 24 19:19:30 UTC 2007

On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 03:01:45PM -0400, Chris Aitken wrote:
> Oops, I thought a zero was implied after the final digit (i.e. 1.0.4 si
> the same as 1.0.40, but I guess that's not so). I might just download
> the ISOs fro FC7 and upgrade, if FC7 is stable (and my hardware can
> handle it)...

No version numbers are simply numbers seperated by dots.

So 1.009.2 is the same as 1.9.2

1.0.4 is the same as 1.0.0004 and is less than 1.0.14 since 14 > 4.

So leading zeroes are optional (and rarely used) and nothing trailing is
ever implied.

Time for an upgrade to newer alsa utilities, libraries and a newer
kernel with 1.0.14 alsa drivers.

--
Len Sorensen