vi vs Emacs debate live at GTALUG September 11 !!!

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 24 04:14:48 UTC 2007

On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 09:51:15PM -0400, Robert Brockway wrote

> Important Clarifications:
>
> - The title is deliberately vague - the definition of Emacs here includes
> all past & present versions of the OS^H^Heditor.

  Given that, I hope that you allow vim as part of vi, otherwise the
debate is stacked in favour of emacs.  If you do find "vi" on a modern
linux system today, it's most likely a symlink to vim.

> - vi is correctly pronounced "vee eye".

  It's actually pronounced as "vim" (rhymes with "him").

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
Q. Mr. Ghandi, what do you think of Microsoft security?