apt sources.list syntax

Wed Aug 22 16:57:11 UTC 2007

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 12:11:54PM -0400, KEITH MASTIN wrote:

>     >Mixing and matching often doesn't work though, and may in fact already
>     >be imposible between etch and testing/unstable due to the major change
>     >in libc version, and if you upgrade libc on stable then you are very
>     >much not running stable anymore and would be better off moving to
>     >testing entirely.
>
>     My first run at Debian. I might very well have to
>     backup/format/re-install due to previously unforeseen foobars at some
>     time. And I thought Redhat was a learning cliff...

Getting Debian up and running is not its strength, as you are
discovering.  I was trying lots of different distros for a while, and I
thought I'd keep trying others, but once I got Debian installed I found
no reason to switch.  My systems are up to date, but I last installed
more than two years ago.  apt-get dist-upgrade keeps me as close to the
cutting edge as I care to be, and everything just keeps working (mostly
- there is the occasional wobble, but I'm *astonished* at how well
things work.)  Good luck!
--

yours,

William