xfce

Sy Ali sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 21 03:22:59 UTC 2007

I just want to say that my experiences with xfce has been some of the
best I've ever had on Linux.  The mostly-intelligent GUI installer,
all the applications.  Most of the defaults are somewhat sane, and can
at least be reconfigured to actually be sane.

Each little application has been nice and simple, and I've been quite impressed.

Since blackbox seems to be dead (the mailing list is only for
spammers, and sean's email addresses all bounce) I've been exploring
other avenues just to see what's out there.  The xfce suite all seems
quite nice.

I just have to figure out how the heck I got kde tray icons working
when I was using xfwm instead of blackbox.