Adding Verdana font to Adobe Acrobat to read Air Canada tickets?

Alex Maynard maynarda-dxuVLtCph9gsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 15 17:34:15 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone might have any tips for me on a small font
problem I'm having in Adobe Acrobat in unbuntu? In order to read the
Verdana fonts in Air Canada PDF files I added the
msttcorefonts (microsoft fonts) package (sudo apt-get install
msttcorefonts) as suggested at:
http://mondaybynoon.com/2007/04/02/linux-font-equivalents-to-popular-web-typefaces/
The install was fine and using xpdf I can see the fonts
(and airline ticket), but acrobat still gives me a missing Verdana font
error and file full of dots. I know Verdana is now on my computer since
xpdf can read, but I am not really sure how to get acroread to find it.
Am I missing something obvious?

Alex