Ontario Linux Fest - Two months and counting

Interlug Lists interluglists-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 14 03:56:57 UTC 2007

Ontario Linux Fest - Two months to go
It is hard to believe that Ontario Linux Fest is coming up in just two
short months.  Where did the summer go?  It seems like just a moment
ago, the organizing committee decided to do this and started by
locating a venue.  And how we have made progress since then!

What is Ontario Linux Fest?
Ontario Linux Fest will be held Saturday 13 October 2007 at the
Toronto Congress Centre near the Toronto airport.  We'll run all day
with fascinating and informative presentations from key Open Source
developers and advocates.  We'll have an exhibition area where you can
meet with our sponsors and learn about their projects and products.
And most importantly you'll mix and mingle with other key players in
F/LOSS.  Register now to reserve your spot http://onlinux.ca/olfreg
Ontario Linux Fest will extend into the night with a reception for
attendees, sponsors and presenters.

Top notch presentations and speakers
Ontario Linux Fest speakers range from the best known, long time
advocates and personalities in the community to some of the brightest
lights building the future of GNU/Linux to end users who make a
difference for our friends and neighbours.  Our attendees will find
topics of interest from the deeply technical you the passionate and
inspirational.  We still have spots for a few more speakers, so if you
are a key contributor to a GNU/Linux project that will interest our
attendees and you are an engaging public speaker, sign up now.  Send
us an outline of your topics papers-Q2zETkUEcRyw5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org

Key industry sponsors
We are thrilled to have the support and sponsorship of IBM and Novell
for the inaugural Ontario Linux Fest.  It is no surprise that these
companies support Free and Open Source software at the grass roots
level.  Each are also key contributors to many projects, employers of
key developers and members of F/LOSS advocacy groups including Open
Source Development Labs, Open Invention Network and others.  Would
your company like to demonstrate your support of GNU/Linux by
sponsoring Ontario Linux Fest?  We still have openings for sponsors.
Contact us at http://onlinux.ca/callforsponsors

Attendees you'll want to meet.
You'll meet other F/LOSS enthusiasts with interests like yours, and
those who have solved challenges that you need to address in several
different ways.  You'll met people who will become colleagues and
friends and employers / employees.  You'll be able to help somebody
who is just learning and get tips from the gurus.  And when it is all
over, you'll be exhausted, exhilarated and anxious to come again next
year!  Register now and reserve your spot at Ontario Linux Fest 2007.
http://onlinux.ca/olfreg  We really appreciate you registering as soon as
possible (like now) so that we can have accurate numbers for things
like programs and goodie bags and you know, chairs and stuff.