Groklaw - Court Rules: Novell owns the UNIX and UnixWare copyrights! Novell has right to waive!

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 14 02:26:04 UTC 2007

Moniz Family wrote:
> Evan Leibovitch wrote:
>> Gary Layng wrote:
>>
>>> Of course you realize that the stock price of SCO is just going to
>>> soar to the Moon on Monday.
>>>
>> Not this time.
>>
>> At Friday closing SCOX was $1.44.
>>
>> As I write this Monday morning it's going between 0.35 and 0.40.
>>
>> (On March 31, 2000 it was $94).
>>
>> - Evan
>>

>> PS: Does anyone here live in the provincial riding of Oak Ridges (which
>> includes Richmond Hill, Souffville and northwest Markham)? MPP Frank
>> Klee just spent a bunch of money on SCO to help run his re-election
>> campaign, enough that SCO would boast about the sale to CNN and others:
>> http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/prnewswire/LAM05006082007-1.htm
>>
> He doesn't presently represent my riding, but he is switching to it for
> the next election. He also lives in our neighbourhood. As long as it
> isn't tax money, I'm not so sure it's my place to tell him how to spend
> it. But if I get the chance, I'll bring up his poor choice of supplier.

It's absolutely your place, else if he's reelected and makes more
decisions like that one, it will end up being public tax money. If he's
in office already it is absolutely a matter of place. And more
importantly, it is also a matter of civic duty to inform him of your
view on the matter since his is apparently myopic at best--that or he's
just plain ignorant about the SCO case. So either way, speak up,
regardless of whether you get the chance.

Jamon