Dell Inspiron 530 compatability questions before buying

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 14 01:06:57 UTC 2007

On Sat, Aug 11, 2007 at 10:25:27PM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote
> On Sat, Aug 11, 2007 at 03:42:22PM -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
> >   Anybody have experience with this machine under linux?  Since my
> > 1999 Dell lasted almost 8 years, I'm willing to pay a bit extra.  Oh
> > yeah, price reduced at dell.ca by $300, expires the 16th.  I'm not
> > looking at the low-end Celeron version, but the Pentium dual core
> > processor version.
>
> Wow a Dell laptop that lasted 8 years?

  laptop??? What laptop?  I don't recall mentioning laptop anywhere. See
http://configure.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=ca&CS=cadhs1&l=en&OC=D530DV_F_2E
It's definitely a desktop.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
Q. Mr. Ghandi, what do you think of Microsoft security?