Power Spike question

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 13 16:39:39 UTC 2007

Even without the surge hitting the box itself, depending on what it
was doing during the time of the surge the sudden power-loss may have
caused corruption on the hard-drive as well.

Power surges are funny things though. I had a client whom had the
transformer near his house hit by lightning. It fried his fridge,
kills the CMOS battery on his computer and likewise the CD-ROM drive,
but other than that the machine ran fine once the battery was
replaced...