Groklaw - Court Rules: Novell owns the UNIX and UnixWare copyrights! Novell has right to waive!

Alex Beamish talexb-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 13 15:23:24 UTC 2007

On 8/13/07, Evan Leibovitch <evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Gary Layng wrote:
> > Of course you realize that the stock price of SCO is just going to soar
> to the Moon on Monday.
> >
> Not this time.
>
> At Friday closing SCOX was $1.44.
>
> As I write this Monday morning it's going between 0.35 and 0.40.
>
> (On March 31, 2000 it was $94).

Also amusing is that the trading volume last week was little more than line
noise, and today, trades are in the tens of thousands of shares. Or, to put
it another way, today's trading (so far) is two orders of magnitude larger
than the average volume (1.71M versus 97K). I can't imagine why anyone's
still buying the stock, even at less than fifty cents a share.

Does the SCO office in Utah have really nice furniture? ;)

--
Alex Beamish
Toronto, Ontario