Power Spike question

Jose A. Dias jad-V3Qe//ktpHnR7s880joybQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 13 00:10:32 UTC 2007

Yes, very possible.

Surges will take whatever path is available.

Any, and all, computer equipment should be behind a surge protector, and
if possible, behind a working UPS.

To fix your client's problem, I'd start by booting the PC without *any*
peripherals, and see what you get. Run a "chkdsk /f c:" and see what
that gives you. Hopefully you will not need to scrap the computer, but
with spikes that's always a possibility.

It has removed 8507 spam emails to date.