Groklaw - Court Rules: Novell owns the UNIX and UnixWare copyrights! Novell has right to waive!

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Sat Aug 11 22:14:57 UTC 2007

> Teddy Mills wrote:
>>
>> I hope that Novell and IBM do the right thing.
>> That is, knock SCO out, like SCO wanted to knock them out.
>> Dont let your enemy fight another day.

If SCO was a stalking-horse for M$ to propagate FUD - as some have
suggested -  then this is not the end of the story. The threat of patent
suits doesn't seem to have gotten much traction. It will be interesting to
see what is the next FUD Offensive.

On the other hand, the current M$ policy to embrace Open Source in certain
areas is much more unsettling than any of the FUD. It's like hearing
George W. Bush announce that there are certain positive aspects to
Communism.

--
Peter Hiscocks
Syscomp Electronic Design Limited, Toronto