OT: Next Time you sing happy birthday

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 10 15:59:54 UTC 2007

On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 06:28:35PM -0400, Ansar Mohammed wrote
> Make sure you get a license.

  I would like to point out to readers of the ***GREATER TORONTO AREA***
Linux Users Group the supreme sacrifice by Major General Sir Isaac Brock,
and many other brave soldiers like him.  Thanks to their sacrifices,
Toronto and the rest of Canada are subject to the laws listed at
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en and *NOT* the laws listed at
http://www.usa.gov/Topics/Reference_Shelf/Laws.shtml  Check with a
licenced lawyer in your jurisdiction for the final answer.

  The US is slowly expanding its copyright terms to approach infinity.
In Canada (and most of the rest of the world) recordings made in 1956
are public domain.  I would advise caution about any trips to the USA.
Don't take an mp3 player with any music with you to the US.  A music
collection that is public domain in Canada might not be so in the USA

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
Q. Mr. Ghandi, what do you think of Microsoft security?