pinning a process in memory

jing gargamel.su-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 9 18:13:46 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have a dumb question which defeated my attempts at googling for an
answer.  I know that there's a way to programmatically pin pages in
memory through the mlock call, but I want to pin a process in memory
from the command line.  Anyone know what the magical incantation is
for this?

Simply turning off swap isn't an option since I want to swap some apps
out.  I just want a specific app to always stay in memory no matter
what.

-Jing