LCD monitors

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 9 14:22:00 UTC 2007

On 8/9/07, Marc Lijour <marc-bbkyySd1vPWsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > On 8/7/07, Giles Orr <gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> >> Slightly OT but if anyone is looking for a recommendation: less than a
> >> week ago I bought an Acer 2216W 22" widescreen LCD.  It's about as
> >> cheap as you can get a 22" monitor at $261, and I like it a lot.
>
> Great!
> Do you have the name of the shop, and/or the nearest intersection?
> I checked it out at tigerdirect.ca and it is about 270$.

http://www.filtechcomputer.com/

Filtech is on the east side of Spadina just south of College.  Their
website is fairly poor.  I went there partly because they have a
better reputation among geeks than any other store on the College
strip.  But you might want to call: they pulled down what appeared to
be the last one in the store for me.  That was a week ago though.

> While you are at it, any recommendation for a good mobo doing RAID1 (and
> Linux -should I mention that?)?

Sorry, can't help at all on that one.  I haven't bought a new computer
in four years!

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/