OT: Not-so-precise Swiss army unit mistakenly invades Liechtenstein

Kareem Shehata kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 9 13:11:48 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 19:30 -0400, Scott Elcomb wrote:

> Curious - I'm pretty sure we see eye-to-eye on any number of issues,
> and fortunately for all involved (soldiers, politicians, and us
> "spectators") it is "a humorous accident," by why would you call this
> "hilarious?"

Soldier 1: Hey dude, are we there yet? (in Swiss German)
Soldier 2: Yea I think so, there's some lights ahead
Soldier 1: This isn't where we started
Soldier 2: Dude, we just invaded an un-armed country!

> If armed American soldiers ended up more than a Kilometer into Canada,
> would the story be as funny?

Yes it would.  Though we have enough hot air bags that I'm sure someone
would make it big deal.  We also have an army where Lichtenstein does
not.

Just adding a little more of the random to your day.

-kms

                             Kareem Shehata
                           kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org