Getting a new LILO boot message

sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org
Sun Aug 5 17:52:24 UTC 2007

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to get LILO to show a new boot
message. It used to be (IIRC) that you just needed to edit the boot
message file (/boot/boot_message.txt) and run LILO. Now it seems to choke
when it sees that my /dev/hda1 is on an NT partition, and wants me to
somehow change the partition ID. Since this already works as it is, I
aborted the command. While running liloconfig doesn't "choke" and is more
accepting of the XP partition, it also doesn't seem to change the message
to the new one.

If anyone can help with this, I would appreciate it.

Paul King