About openoffice.org styles

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 2 16:33:42 UTC 2007

On 8/2/07, Tyler Aviss <tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I assume you're a Ubuntu (or Debian/unstable) user, since I can't find
> those packages on Debian/stable I can't test those styles, but I did
> find this:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org/+bug/99760
>
> from menu Tools -> Options-> View
> Here you can select style, like Human, Industrial. But styles Tango,
> High-contrast are available also, even if the corresponding packages
> aren't installed, thats a bit confusing
>
> There are styles in my version, but just the boring ones (Automatic,
> Default, HiContrast, Industrial, Crystal).

OK, searching that dialog box finally found them, thanks!

The additional "icon styles" aren't *all* that more exciting; they are
barely visible if you're using the small size.  I'm a bit
underwhelmed, but at least I know now :-).
"...  memory leaks  are  quite acceptable  in  many applications  ..."
(Bjarne Stroustrup, The Design and Evolution of C++, page 220)