Xubuntu on 1999 Dell PIII 450mhz and 128 megs ram; not enough

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Sun Apr 29 00:45:12 UTC 2007

On Saturday 28 April 2007 13:07:43 Walter Dnes wrote:

>   I use Blackbox WM under Gentoo.  Desktop Environment?  We don't need
> no steenkin desktop environment.  Ubuntu is also probably compiled as
> i386.  I set Gentoo to build with...
> CFLAGS="-O2 -march=pentium3 -fomit-frame-pointer -mmmx -msse -mfpmath=sse"
> plus I throw in "mmx" and "sse" use flags.

In Ubuntu you could also "apt-get install blackbox".  Wow that is fast!  I
think I might have to play with blackbox, need to figure out how to put a few
more things on the menu though (ubuntu package only gives xterm, restart and
exit options).

--
Fraser Campbell <fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org>
Georgetown, Ontario, Canada