is LPIC Certifications Respected in industry.

Pavel Zaitsev pavel-XHBUQMKE58M at public.gmane.org
Fri Apr 27 21:39:45 UTC 2007

Lennart Sorensen(lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org)@Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 05:27:18PM -0400:
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 07:08:49PM -0400, Dave Germiquet wrote:
> > Can people give me there input on what they think about LPI ceritfications
> > and if it makes people stand out when
> > they have this certification (LPIC1 and LPIC2?)
>
> Well me personally don't have much respect of any kind for any of the
> certifications.  I prefer real experience.  Of course I haven't had to
> hire people, so it doesn't matter that much what I personally think of
> them. :)  I think of them mainly as an interesting puzzle to solve,
> similar to crosswords and such.

I think idea of certification is to catch the eye of the resumre reviewer, not
to instill credibility of the individual in their possible boss. For that you
have completed projects. Often people filtering out resumes are farthest from
technical field, as these things help. A+, CCNS, MCSE whatever.
p.

--
Create like God. Command like a King. Work like a Slave.
http://arslogic.com  | http://arslogic.com/resume.pdf