Do you still need IT360 volunteers?

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 26 17:23:45 UTC 2007

--- Jason Spiro <jasonspiro4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hi Colin,
>
> I am interested in volunteering at IT360 this year.
> I will be free
> throughout Monday and Tuesday. I don't know any TLUG
> members in
> person, only through the list, but I have some trade
> show experience:
> I helped run the York University Computer Club booth
> at the Canadian
> Undergraduate Technology Conference a few years ago,
> and things went
> well.
>
> Are you still looking for TLUG booth volunteers?
> Would you be
> interested in having me and/or a Linux enthusiast
> friend or two of
> mine as volunteers?

One of the things I do is deliberately overbook on
volunteers, this way people can do 1-2 hours of booth
duty and then see the rest of the show (or as the case
may be see the show for a while, then do 1-2 hours at
the booth, your call...). So, while at present I have
enough volunteers to cover the booth I would be
delighted to have you as a volunteer.

If you could forward the following bits of information
on to me, I will get you signed up:

- Name (as you want it to appear on your badge)
- Mailing address, home or office (this will not
  appear on you badge, but (subject to conditions)
  will be available to other exhibitors).
- preferred e-mail address (the show will send you
  some e-mail, some important before the show (and
  some not so important after the show), so you may
  want to use an e-mail address you can dump after
  the show).
- Phone #
- Fax number (if desired/available).

> Also, for future reference: Do volunteers get to
> attend any of the
> conference events?  I'd love to hear maddog and/or
> Don Tapscott speak
> if I could.

The "keynote" speeches are available for free to
everyone at the show and Don Tapscott will be giving
the Tuesday, May 1 keynote speech (from 9:45 am to
10:45 am).

Not sure what the story will be on Jon ("Maddog")
Hall. Last year "Maddog" did hang out at the Linux
International booth, and I found him fairly
approachable for a short one-on-one talk (okay, so I
was wearing a "Press" badge at the time... :-) ).

> Cheers,
> Jason Spiro
> Computer programming student, Seneca College

Colin McGregor