pcHDTV HD-5500

tleslie tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 25 04:11:09 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-24 at 20:48 -0400, Colin McGregor wrote:
> --- Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org>
> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Apr 21, 2007 at 10:46:34AM -0400, Colin
> > McGregor wrote:
> > > I am looking at upgrades to my MythTV box, and one

> - Just connect it to you regular local cable co.
> (i.e.: Rogers), where you can get the regular analog
> channels and a handful of digital channels, in analog
> channel quality.
>
> - Connect the card to an HDTV antenna (either the
> likes of rabbit ear style in-house table top antenna
> or the big external tower antenna), modest number of
> channels, but all in (excellent) HD quality.
>
> - Connect the card to a Rogers cable HD (or other
> firm's satellite HD) boxes. Excellent quality, lots of

Connect it how? if its a tuner, why connect it?
can it take in dvi / composite or firewire to capture
mpeg or raw video stream from a HD cable tuner/pvr device,
if this thing can record HD from a rogers box,
i.e. take down 1280x1080i to 1920x1080i well
i am buying one tomorrow! but I don't think it can?
Well, when I get a free minute I will go over spec's,
but if your sure, let me know.

-tl