Who can I contact for information about the teaching field?

Sy Ali sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 24 21:22:07 UTC 2007

On 4/24/07, Jason Spiro <jasonspiro4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I am interested in finding teaching work for the summer, in Toronto,
> Ottawa, or elsewhere.  Is it reasonable to be looking for teaching
> work for only four months?  What are the main companies who do Linux
> or computer training in Toronto?  Who in the field can I contact for
> more information on the industry?

"teaching" might not be the right word.. perhaps tutoring is better.
I know that teachers college exists to bring people up to speed for
that field, but I also remember hearing that it's a bit more relaxed
for substitute teachers.

One good way to begin your research is to pretend to be a student.
Put on that hat, and think about how you would look to find tutoring,
teaching, etc in this field.  Then find those resources..

Then you put on another hat and call them up as yourself, and ask them
about positions, job requirements, about the industry, etc.

Check these out to see if they could point you in the right direction,
in the long term:

http://www1.servicecanada.gc.ca/en/subjects/employment/index.shtml
http://www.jobsetc.ca/home.jsp?lang=e