Fwd: IT360 Volunteer Rules

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 24 21:03:20 UTC 2007

On 24/04/07, Colin McGregor <colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> What you saw in the rule list was the best I could
> come up with, and yes, I am open to suggestions as to
> how it could be improved.

For starters, rather than Rules + "asked to leave" consequences, how
about appealing to the generally high level of intelligence of the
LUG, and make "guidelines" or "suggestions". Wanting to appeal to
suits by dressin' up is fine, and the request not to have us look like
a rag-tag bunch of motley, unkempt geeks (that we are) is fine too,
but I think that a lively thread on looking sharp and showered would
suffice.
I, for one, choose to wear my linuxcaffe t-shirt (for starters) and
finding myself in violation of the dress code, rather than risk being
ostrich-sized, I will simply spend my time at the show visiting booths
that will tolerate that sort of thing.

djp

djp-tnsZcVQxgqO2dHQpreyxbg at public.gmane.org
www.linuxcaffe.ca