Fwd: IT360 Volunteer Rules

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 24 20:10:34 UTC 2007

--- Myles Braithwaite <myles-Ufssi81vwmMSKvlGVnxYRVaTQe2KTcn/@public.gmane.org>
wrote:
> Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> > I thought sales people wore suits and ties, while
> everyone else would
> > just wear something more casual. :)
> >

> Actuality that bring up a good point. Are we going
> to IT360 in the hopes
> to sell Linux? Or as more of a User Group of sorts?

As a group our goal is to sell GTALug as a resource
that can help people learn about Linux. In other words
telling suits Linux is a safe choice.

If stuff beyond the above happens at the show, great,
but keep the non-GTALug stuff away from the booth. For
example, Linux Pro Magazine will have a booth at the
show. Given my writing for some other publications,
visiting that booth will be a priority. If something
... interesting and/or profitable ... happens at that
booth, great... if not, well there are a lot of other
booths to see / learn from...

Part of the reason I overstaffed the booth was just to
make sure this sort of thing could easily happen.
Nobody should feel tied down to the booth, there
should be enough people available that at any given
instant most of the volunteers can be learning from
some of the other booths, and/or talking side deals...

Colin McGregor