Fwd: IT360 Volunteer Rules

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 24 13:14:47 UTC 2007

What follows is the rules for volunteers at the IT360
show.

Keep in mind that on some points I am constrained by
the rules set out by the show organizers (yes I have
received some negative feedback when I offered the
following to ... a smaller mailing list). Still, if
there is a real problem with any one of the below
points , if it is something that the show organizers
will let us change I would be happy to listen and
adjust.

Volunteer Rules:

Our goal at this show is to offer a positive view of
Linux and the Linux community to corporate decision
makers. So, the follow rules are in place.

Personal maintenance:

- Here we are stealing the 6-2-1 rule from the World
Science Fiction Convention for volunteers, namely all
volunteers are expected to have at least:

    - 6 hours of sleep per 24 hours
    - 2 solid meals per 24 hours
    - 1 bath or shower per 24 hours

For the non-bald volunteers, it will be expected that
said hair will have been recently washed.

Business:

- Non-GTALug business must be kept away from the
booth, to places like a nearby coffee shop.

Dress Code:

 - Dress code will be business casual. This means:
    - For men shirts with a collar,
    - For men no ties.
    - For men long pants, no shorts or kilts.
    - For everyone:
      - All clothes recently washed (or dry cleaned).
      - All clothes in good condition (ie: no shirts
        or pants with holes).
      - Shoes, no sandals.
      - No T-shirts.

Any volunteers who appear to be in clear violation of
the above will be instructed to leave.

Colin McGregor