OT: Starting my own computer business

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 23 22:26:43 UTC 2007

Jason Carson wrote:
> I am starting up my own computer business. What do you call the paper that
> makes a carbon copy (1 for the customer and 1 for me). So I can write down
> the bill at the customers house after doing the repair/upgrade. Where can
> I get this?

Essentially you want a multi-part pad, that's wither for work-orders
(for services) or invoices (for hard goods).

You can get pads like this that either use carbon paper (there's a
single sheet that you keep moving down, between the original and the
copy-to-be). However, there's also a concept of "carbonless" multipart
forms, that use special paper on each original.

Carbonless forms are more convenient and much easier to find these days,
but they're messier and worse for the environment because they can't be
recycled.

One source I've worked with before is NEBS, that can custom print your
company name on the invoices for that little touch of stability.
http://www.nebs.ca/canEcat/products/categories/forms.jsp

Another forms company is Blueline, whose stuff is sold everywhere from
Staples to WalMart:
http://www.bluelineinc.com/vw/fs/p014.htm

(Of course, if you really want to impress people you would eventually
custom-print your own forms, using a laptop and a portable printer. That
way you can download the work info directly into your accounting system
(and sooner or later, you _will_ have an accounting system if you're
serious about this...)

HTH,

Evan