Welcome to Microsoft !!!

Ian Petersen ispeters-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 23 17:50:19 UTC 2007

On 4/23/07, Chris Cunnington <cunnington-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> 1. What do Microsofties use instead of Fetch for uploading files for a
> website to a server (ftp client)?
>
> 2. Where's my Terminal? I need to find the application in Vista/XP that will
> present me with a command line I can summon vi from. Where is that?

You may want to install Cygwin if you plan to use a Windows machine
like a Unix machine.  I think the Windows way to run FTP or vi is
through the start menu.

Barring either Cygwin or use of the start menu, the "terminal" in XP
can be reached by using the Run menu item within the start menu to
execute cmd.exe.  I haven't used the Vista command shell, so it might
be better, but if you're used to Bash, you'll find cmd.exe to be
terrible, I think.

Ian

--
Tired of pop-ups, security holes, and spyware?
Try Firefox: http://www.getfirefox.com