semi-OT: portable backup drive

Matt Price matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 23 15:26:53 UTC 2007

hi olks,

i'm heading out of town for an extended trip (most of a year) and won'th
ave access to my desktop, which is what i usually use for backups and
storage.  i'm looking for a backup hard drive that i can take with me on
that trip -- something pretty substantial so that i can take all
mybacked-up dvd's with me, as well as some audio projects i'm working
on.  can anyone recommend a good deal in this domain?  it would be nice
if the enclosure weren't too huge; otherwise i'm not really decided on
what i want.  in 3.5" drives, 500gb seems to be a pretty decent price
point at the moment, but i could go smaller or larger if the best deal
is to be found in either of those directions.

thanks as always,
matt

--
Matt Price