Linksys NSLU2, anyone?

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 23 14:38:05 UTC 2007

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 07:23:34AM -0400, James Knott wrote:
>
>> Many years ago, I upgraded a couple of VIC-20s, by increasing the RAM
>> from 5KB all the way to 8K!!!  I did this by soldering the new memory
>> chips on top of some of the existing ones and then adding a bit of wiring.
>>

> With the right modules to plug in you could get up to 32k on a Vic-20.
> Mine only ever had 5k though.

Those VIC-20s belonged to co-workers, who saw the mod in a magazine and
asked me to do it for them.  I've never owned a Commie computer myself.  ;-)
My first computer was an IMSAI 8080.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMSAI_8080

Incidentally.  I recently bought a Nokia N800 and increased the SD RAM
from 128 MB to 4 G.  It was a lot easier doing that, than that 3K
upgrade on the VIC.  ;-)