Linux -> Mac?

Pavel Zaitsev pavel-XHBUQMKE58M at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 23 01:45:16 UTC 2007

William Park(opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org)@Sun, Apr 22, 2007 at 08:43:56PM -0400:
> Just a question for those of you with Mac...
>
> - Why do you (supposedly Linux guys) have Mac?
> - How does Mac help you in a way that Linux doesn't?
> - Do you use Mac for your Linux/Unix related tasks?
> - After using them both, have you given up on Mac?  Or, Linux?
>
> In other word, convince me to buy a Mac for myself, and not just as
> present. :-)

new macbooks are fast, they run linux and os x and windows
when you need to. they all things you need a computer to do
while taking the least possible amount of your worthwhile time
straightening out library versions, kernel patches and
wireless firmware versions. some people live by fildding with
things, some people need a reliable "office tool" and unix buddy.
so it just works.

also it looks very nice and has good battery lifetime. macbook, is
better then pro, because it is plastic and does wireless whole lot
better. plus it doesn't rust.
hth
p.

--
Create like God. Command like a King. Work like a Slave.
http://perlpimp.com | http://static.md5.ca/resume.pdf