Xubuntu pre-install questions

Sheldon Mustard smustard-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Apr 22 03:44:23 UTC 2007

On 4/21/07, Ian Petersen <ispeters-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Regarding filesystems, I'm partial to ReiserFS, but I hear that
> version 3 (the only stable version) is basically in maintenance mode
> and that there are some fundamental problems with it.  (I don't
> remember the details but SuSE, who used to use ReiserFS by default,
> has switched away from it.)  I think ext3 is the standard these days.

The details are Novell was concerned b/c Hans Reiser was charged with the
murder of his wife.

Once upon a time I very much preferred reiserfs for general purpose
servers.  I guess this discussion is all academic now anyways b/c zfs is the
future right ... damn I am such a sun fanboy.

SJM

--
Sheldon Mustard
smustard-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
"There will be no order, only chaos." - Pi (1998)