Getting Feisty

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sat Apr 21 14:52:42 UTC 2007

Evan Leibovitch wrote:
> Jamon Camisso wrote:
>> deb http://debian.yorku.ca/ubuntu main restricted universe multiverse
>> deb-src http://debian.yorku.ca/ubuntu main restricted universe multiverse
> Thanks for the link -- but is this private to TLUG members?
>
> There are no Canadian mirrors listed at Ubuntu central, and this isn't
> mentioned at the Ubuntu Canada website.
>
> I just don't want to spread the word about this too far if York doesn't
> want that.

Well, for any Debian install, that is the primary Canadian mirror that
any installer I've used recently uses. I'd assume that since the mirror
is not more than 1 day out of sync with the primary mirrors for Ubuntu
patches etc., that someone is maintaining it.

The Ubuntu portion of the server was down for 2 or three days last fall
for some reason, some thought it was gone, so who knows what the policy
is. The Debian portion isn't going away anytime soon though, so I'd
imagine both will stay online for a good long while.

Jamon