Is it possible to get OEM Windows refunds in Canada? (was: Will Linux run on an HP m7680n?)

Jason Spiro jasonspiro4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 18 14:03:06 UTC 2007

> This is definitely a plus! This machine is the last machine in the
> store that does not come with Vista. I won't touch Vista. I've read
> the EULA and won't accept it.

I wonder: Is it possible to get Windows refunds in Canada if you do
not accept the terms of the Windows EULA?  I once read on the web
about the steps some people in the US took and managed to get a refund
of the OEM cost of Windows.  It sounds like they went through a big
hassle, but does it also not make a statement?