rescue cd for amd64/lvm?

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 18 02:35:45 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 17 April 2007 20:13, Matt Price wrote:

> > Are you using the ubuntu alternate CD - it claims to better support LVM
> > and RAID.
>
> i wasn't as i don't want to do an actual installation.  are you
> suggesting i could boot into the busybox shell and mount everything from
> there, then chroot into my root partition?  do you think that might
> work?

I'd think that it will, I'm not sure that it has any mode explicitly geared
for rescue but you can just go through all the install steps up to
partitioning and then flip to another virtual console to do your diagnosis.

--
Fraser Campbell <fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org>
Georgetown, Ontario, Canada