version control: darcs vs bazaar-ng vs cogito vs monotone

Pavel Zaitsev pavel-XHBUQMKE58M at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 11 03:52:00 UTC 2007

Ken Burtch(kburtch-Zd07PnzKK1IAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org)@Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 11:41:28PM -0400:
> A few years ago when Linus first announced his version control system
> after leaving BitKeeper (?), he said that his VCS was only designed for
> the Linux kernel developers and wasn't intended for wide-spread use.  I
> don't know if this is still true.  YMMV.

Reason it is for the kernel, is that is easier to deal with people's contributions as all changes are stored in patchsets. At that granularity it is easier to deal with deciding what goes in and what doesn't. So far that I know I am installing it and looking at the manuals now.

Pavel
--
Create like God. Command like a King. Work like a Slave.
http://gpg.md5.ca