Pasting with the mouse

Marc Lijour marc-bbkyySd1vPWsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 9 17:01:05 UTC 2007

On Monday 09 April 2007 10:55, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 03:27:27AM -0400, Marc Lijour wrote:
> > I tried compiz and Xgl recently. Unfortunately, I lost the copy-pasting
> > capabilities of my (usb wheel) mouse in the process. I don't find the
> > information to set it up. Where should I look?
> >
> > Well, I still have the right-click option, but I'd prefer to keep using
> > the middle button ;)
>
> Not sure, I have been using beryl on my system lately, using the nvidia
> driver, which doesn't require xgl or aiglx.  Works nicely.  Mouse
> buttons still work as they always did.  Did you change the number of
> buttons on the mouse in the x config?

My system uses the ATI driver (ati-8.28.8).

Here is the relevant part of my xorg.conf :

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Mouse1"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
    Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Mouse2"
    Driver "evdev"
    Option "product" "0xc50e"
    Option "vendor" "0x046d"
    Option "HWheelRelativeAxisButtons" "7 6"
EndSection

I tried to reconfigure X with no success. I am not a X expert I am afraid.
I disabled Xgl by setting XGL=no in /etc/sysconfig/xgl

Thanks.

Marc