CityTV story about Dell and pre-installed linux, from linuxcaffe

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Apr 7 01:12:05 UTC 2007

--- James Knott <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> David J Patrick wrote:
> > The CityTV WebNation news crews just left after
> taping a story about
> > how Dell is set to offer linux as optional OS.
> Expect clips of my own
> > shaggy self blathering about linux, Dell and
> Microsoft. The story
> > should be on CityTV tonight at 6pm, 11pm, tomorrow
> and all weekend on
> > CP24.
> > Amber (the host) is considering doing a regular
> report from
> > linuxcaffe, so get your hair cut, practice your
> best Expert Geek look,
> > in the mirror, and come on down.
> > djp
> >
> And please, PLEASE wear a clean shirt protector!!!
> ;-)

Funny thing, I think the only pocket protector I've
ever had was one from Icom (a well known, well
respected amateur radio equipment builder (yes, I own
two of their radios and my amateur radio licence is
VE3ZAA)). Hummm ... how many groups are out there with
a "geek" image issue?

- Linux, Unix, etc. computer users
- Amateur radio operators
- Model railroad fans?